Sunday 3 January 2010

Audience Profile

The kind of person I will be aiming my magazine at is a Male or Female and from the age of about 16 onwards, and I am not going to cap the upper age limit as I think classical music is enjoyed throughout all ages. Looking at the younger ages reading the magazine, I will be aiming the magazine at Students as I don't think young adults who have left education to start work will have the time or right mindset to listen to this genre. They will typically be quite educated and not 'sports-buffs'. This isn't to say that you have to be well educated to listen to this music, just to say that stereotypes do not ascend from lies they are mere exaggerations. They will be Aspirers, post-materialists and probably an 'E' on the Jicnar scale but working towards level 'A' or 'B' as a student. I would expect them to shop at places such as 'Burton's', 'Next' and 'The Officer's Club' for casual wear. I wouldn't expect them to have extrovert hairstyles, most probably quite conservative styles with natural hair colour.



The older audience I will be aiming at will be full time workers or retired people, possibly with a lot of time on their hands. I would expect them to have quite a lot of money and to shop at Marks & Spencers or Waitrose to enjoy the finer things in life. Possibly spending holidays on cruises and skiing trips. I would expect them to be Succeeders, aspirers or achievers and to have the social values of a Traditionalist or post-materialist. On the Jicnar Scale they would come at 'A' or 'B' level. I think they would be Conservative voters in the general elections with large houses in the countryside.




No comments:

Post a Comment