Monday 4 January 2010

Initial Planning

In this post I have uploaded some plans I have sketched out and will be making decisions based on the feedback given from my previous post.


When I was thinking of my front cover and how I wanted it to look, I looked back at my research into existing magazines and wanted to create a very simplistic and sophisticated look that would attract all ages of audience to my magazine. I have tried to make this happen by keeping the information to a minimal amount and having a plain white background. The colours I have chosen for the fonts are dark red and black as I think having too many colours lowers the credibility and quality of the front cover. Dark red and black go well on a light background as they are easy to read and clear. These colours used with a thin, sans serif font will hopefully create the feel I am trying for. For the main sell I will hopefully be using a smart looking, quite young male, giving the connotation that he is involved in classical music and showing this genre is not only for the older generations in society. My one coverline/strapline will be involving a famous composer having an interview inside the magazine, this should attract readers.



For my contents page I planned the page numbers and contents down the left hand side of the page and have planned for a few images down the right, divided with smaller boxes of colour, probably sticking to the dark red and black theme I have on the front cover.
I asked a few people about this contents page and the general feedback was that it seems nice and simple with a layout that will be easy to understand.





For my double page spread I have arranged the text around a large image of an orchestra of group of musicians etc., hopefully this will show the reader that the text is primarily focused on the image and will give them something to looks at while creating a good layout that is aesthetically pleasing to the reader.
When I asked a potential reader about the layout of this double page spread he said that he thought it was a good look which will be easy to read when created. Breaking up the long blocks of speech will create a more casual approach to classical music.

No comments:

Post a Comment