Sunday 3 January 2010

Summary of Research into Existing Magazines

From my research into different magazines in the market today I have been able to work out an idea of how I want mine to look when I create it. I like the connotation of sophistication through a simple colour scheme, I don't think this detracts anything from the look of the front cover but adds a certain underlying intelligence somehow. I always feel that the cheap magazines with hundreds of neon colours on the front, coated in coverlines and puffs are only aimed at people with either very little time to choose something to read, people who will maybe not quite know what they want to read and choose the most brightly lit, attention grabbing one, or simply people who cannot afford a decent reading magazine so pick the one which claims to have the most to read.







I will try and create a classical music magazine that is not only aimed at the older generations but will try to incorporate the new classical movement, using bands such as 'Il Divo', as a doorway into much more classical orchestral pieces for the younger ages in our communities. I will try not to dampen the integrity and class of the genre by exposing younger age groups.

1 comment:

  1. It will be great to watch Il Divo, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Il_Divo-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete